Read: Hebrews 3:1-6 again.
- Verse 2 describes Jesus as “faithful to the one who appointed him.” In what ways was Christ “faithful” in his role as an “apostle” (v. 1)?
- Verse 2 says that Moses was “faithful in all God’s house.” This is a reference to Numbers 12:7. Read Numbers 12:1-8. What, in the context of Numbers 12, was God saying when he called Moses “faithful?”
- What do you think “God’s house” in Numbers 12:7 is?
- Also in Numbers 12:6-8, Moses is compared to others who received God’s revelation such as “prophets” (v. 6) and even Miriam and Aaron (vv. 1-2). What does Numbers 12:6-8 suggest about Moses’ faithfulness when compared to others? Is he more faithful, less faithful, or as faithful as the others?
- Since Numbers 12 indicates that Moses is more faithful in receiving and communicating God’s revelation than others, he can be a prime example of faithfulness. Back in Hebrews 3:2-6a, when compared to Moses is Christ more faithful, less faithful, or as faithful as Moses was?