Read Hebrews 3:7-19 again.
- Verses 7-11 are a quotation from the Old Testament, specifically Psalm 95:7-11. Why do you think the author of Hebrews quoted these verses?
- What relationship do verses 7-11 have to the paragraph before (Heb 3:1-6)?
- What do you think it means to “harden your hearts” (v. 8)?
- What did it mean for Israel in Moses’ time when God said “they shall never enter my rest”? (see verses 16-19 for clues)
- Verse 12 contains a command. What is that command, in your own words?