Read Psalm 95
- Verses 7b-11 of this Psalm are quoted in our passage for this week, Hebrews 3:7-19, so reading the whole Psalm gives us some more context for our study of Hebrews.
- Psalm 95 splits nicely into two parts. The first part, verses 1-7a command God’s people to do something positive. In your own words, what does the Psalmist command God’s people to do?
- Verses 7b-11 command God’s people not to do something. In your own words, what does the Psalmist command God’s people not to do?
- Psalm 95:1-2 is a great passage to consider as we prepare to gather this morning for worship. Ask God to prepare your heart to join with us this morning to “sing for joy to the Lord.”
- According to verses 3-7, what are some reasons to “sing with joy,” “shout aloud,” and “extol God with music”?