Read: Hebrews 11:1-19 again
- Verse 13 claims that all the OT people mentioned in verses 1-12 “were still living by faith when they died.” What evidence does the author of Hebrews cite in verses 13b-16a to prove that they were still living in faith when they died?
- According to verse 16b, how does God regard these people who lived by faith until they died without receiving the promises?
- According to verse 16c, how do we know that God is not ashamed of these people who died in faith?
- According to verse 17, what did faith motivate Abraham to do when God commanded him to offer Isaac?
- According to verses 18-19, how was Abraham able to obey God’s command to offer Isaac despite how the command conflicted with God’s promise?