Read: Hebrews 12:1-3 again.
- Verse 1 begins with the word “therefore”. What does this word indicate about the relationship between this paragraph and Hebrews 11?
- Verse 1 also begins with the word “since” which provides the motivation for the rest of the verse. What is that motivation according to verse 1a?
- Who do you think are the “great cloud of witnesses” described in verse 1?
- Verse 1 contains two exhortations (“let us”) to us. If you remember, what is an exhortation and how does it differ from a command?
- What are the two exhortations in verse 1?